Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I'm 30

I am one day into my 31st year. Yes, I know that I turned 30 last month.

30 years ago yesterday, I became a full member of the Kingdom of God, with all the rights, responsibilities, and privileges thereof. I was baptized. I was an infant, I was passive, there was nothing I could do but be baptized by the hand of the pastor, by Christ's steward, serving as the hand of Christ.

I have been a Christian for all these years; the faith that God imputed to me in my baptism, His own faith of which I am a steward, has led me to rely on and look to Christ, albeit imperfectly in my sin.

Yet, I am just as redeemed today as I was as an infant. I am just as saved as I was January 3, 1982. I was just as justified by Christ's own merit, not my own. I am saved, I was saved. I was baptized, I am baptized. God claimed me as His own and, by His grace, I have remained so.

God is good. Here's to the next 30 years in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment